Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Gespräche conversations mit with Lilly ( 7) und and manchmal sometimes Holly (14)

This post, dieser Post, works chronologically, ist chronologisch, meaning: I write the newest entry always at the bottom of it, so you have to scroll (or just read everything every time), bedeutet: Ich schreibe das letzte immer zum Schluss, Ihr müsst also runterscrollen (oder immer wieder alles lesen):

14.02.2012: Gespräch mit meiner 5jährigen Tochter heute abend: "Mama, ich bin unglücklich." "Warum?" "Weil ihr mir so einen doofen Namen gegeben habt." "Aha. Wie würdest Du denn lieber heißen?" nach längerer Pause: "Ich möchte, dass Ihr mich ab jetzt Maria Delfina Rubina nennt." "Das ist ziemlich lang." "Ich möchte trotzdem, dass Ihr mich so nennt. Und vergiss es bitte nicht bis morgen." "O.k. Gute nacht." 

29.02.2012 Ich hatte wieder ein interessantes Abendgespräch mit meiner 5jährigen Tochter. Sie: "Mama, stell dir vor, ich würde jetzt ganz schnell groß werden, dann könnte ich Dich noch heiraten." Ich: "Ehrlich, ich würde Dich vom Fleck weg heiraten." Sie "Ich dich auch. Aber natürlich geht es nicht...wir sind beide Mädchen (Betonung auf MÄDCHEN; so hat mich lange niemand mehr genannt:-) Ich: Das ist kein Problem. Zwei Frauen können jetzt heiraten, Zwei Männer auch." Sie denkt eine kurze Weile nach und sagt dann: "Oha, Männer auch????" 

16.03.2012 Gespräche mit meiner Tochter sind einfach das Beste: "mama?!" "mhm" "in meinem nächsten Leben wünsche ich mir unbedingt, dass ich als Junge geboren werde - aber wieder in deinem Bauch." "O.k." "Und würdet ihr mich dann bitte Benjamin, Elias, Johann, Leonard oder Niklas nennen." "Ist gut." "Nacht" "Nacht Schatz." Ich dachte noch nach, welchen der Namen ich am besten finden könnte und ob ich mir das bis zu unserem nächsten Leben überhaupt merken können würde, da hörte ich sie schon leise schnarchen. 

29.03.2012 "Mama", "mhm", "Tilla hat gesagt, Wichtel sind sooo groß" (sie zeigt mit ihren Händen etwa 25cm an/Gesichtsausdruck Entrüstung pur)"Wie kommt Tilla darauf" "Weiß ich nicht, aber sie hat nicht recht, denn Wichtel sind sooo groß" (sie zeigt mit Daumen und Zeigefinder 1cm an), "aha, woher weißt Du das?" "Ich kenne mich mit Zwergen aus." "Klar." "Und ihre Zahnbürsten sind auch so klein und ihre Badewannen" "Ach, Wichtel haben Badewannen? " "Ja und ihre Teller und Tassen und Regale....." "Nacht Schatz" " Nacht Mama". 

24.04.2012 Ich bin froh, wieder zuhause zu sein. Die Ostsee ist öde im Vergleich zum Leben mit meinen Töchtern. Heute teilte mir die ältere mit, dass eine ihrer Mitschülerinnen eine Bemerkung über Hollys Äußeres gemacht hatte, die, naja, durchaus als negativ interpretiert werden könnte. (natürlich der pure Neid, die blöde Pute, wenn sie mir in die Finger kommt, kann sie was erleben) ähem, das habe ich aber nur so für mich gedacht. Gesagt habe ich, und das fand ich voll korrekt: "Weißt Du, Leute die unaufgefordert etwas über das Äußere anderer sagen, sind meiner Erfahrung nach extrem dumm." Da hatte ich aber nicht mit Lilly gerechnet, die aus der Küche geschossen kam wie ein geölter Blitz und meinte: "Man darf Leute nicht dumm nennen. Jesus hätte das nie, niemals getan!" "Entschuldigung, Du hast natürlich recht." "Holly, aber sie ist dumm. Denn sowas sagen nur Kindergartenkinder, und sie ist ja schon 7. Klasse! Also, ärger dich nicht" teilte Lilly dann tröstend ihrer Schwester mit. Auf dem Weg ins Bett klärte sie mich dann noch auf: "Ich habe gebetet und ab jetzt werde ich versuche, viel mehr wie Jesus zu sein." Pause. "Das Badlicht ist noch an. machs bitte aus." Pause "Siehst du, sogar das bemerke ich jetzt, Mama. früher habe ich es selbst angelassen." 
"Lilly, Du ist haargenau wie Jesus! Gute Nacht!"

17.06.2012 Sunday morning, father and Holly are off to the flea market, time for Lilly and mother to discuss life and death matters like...SOCCER:
Lilly: "I am not gonna be for Germany tonite."
Me: "Why not?"
Lilly: "They won enough as it is. I am gonna be for Denmark and I want you to be for Denmark too."
Me: "I cant. I am in love with some of the german players. I cant force my heart to lie."
Lilly: "Have you ever been to Denmark?"
Me: "Yes, twice."
Lilly: "Was it beautiful?" 
Me: "Yes."
Lilly: "See!!!!"
Me: "I just cant."
Lilly leaves the room not without slamming the door.
She is pissed with me. 


21.06.2012 Lillys dream last night which she told me right after opening her eyes in ecstasy: all the german soccer players (especially Schweini and Klose but all others too) came to the childrens farm today where she is with her kindergarten every thursday. They sat around the fire with the kids and shared apple slices. Afterwards they came with them to kindergarten and started to work there as assistants (its a Waldorf kindergarten and I couldnt help envisioning gomez knitting and Klose felting things :-)) After lunch each player took a child by his hand and they went to the playground together, like the children lead the teams onto the field before a game. I guess the Euros are a strong influence in our family right now. 

10.07.2012 I asked Lilly today if she was sad to have left her kindergarten last week in order to start school in august. Her answer was like that from an old sage, she said: "No, because I had a good year in kindergarten. And now I go on to have a good year in school. And then I will have a good year as a grown up, have children of my own and all. And then I will have a good year as an angel. And if I want I 'll come back and have a good year as a human being again." Short pause: "but like I said: that is only IF I WANT TO COME BACK!" What else is there to say? I am soooo stunned with that daughter of mine  

23.8.2012

Religious talks among my children, part 128:
Lilly: "Mommy, was I already there, when Holly came to school."
Me: "Yes, you were but we didnt know it yet. We found out 2 days later. You had sneaked into my belly and we didnt know it."
Holly: "I am glad you didnt find out that day. That was MY DAY."
Lilly: "MOMMY, I didnt SNEAK into your belly! My personal angel brought me there."
Me: "Sorry."
Holly: "Well, he didnt bring me. I told him halfway I could find the rest of the way alone."
Lilly looks at her in utter disgust: "You cant like tell your personal angel what to do. You are not GOD!"
Holly rolls her eyes. 
Me: "Does anybody want another cheese and tomato toast?"


part 129:
"I have to tell God and my personal angel, that I want to come back as a boy next time."
Me: "I wanna talk with them too.!"
Lilly: "Why?"
Me: "I want to make sure that I can be your mother again."


O.k., one more conversation with Lilly, before I hit the pillow:
Lilly is in school now and learns among other things russian. So I asked her today: "Do you already know a russian word." She looked at me dead serious: "babooshka."
Me: "Great. What does it mean?"
Lilly: "You guess."
Me: "Maybe grandmother?"
Lilly: "Nope."
Me:"Then you tell me I cant guess."
Lilly: "Granny."
Me: "Aaaahaaaaa."


24.8.2012
Ich: "Lilly, während Du in der Schule warst, habe ich Dein Zimmer aufgeräumt und sauber gemacht."
Lilly: "Macht nichts."

10.11.2012
Sitting with my daughter Lilly (6) on our sofa. She is knitting I am knitting, mother and daughter in happy union. Candles are lighted, the atmosphere is one of peace and weekend. We are in the mood to have a conversation. She asks me "Mommy, tell me something from my childhood."

10.01.2013
My daughters are different: The older one informed us yesterday basically about how much time of the year 2015 she will be spending where: maybe 4 months in the US, to Russia she goes anyway and the rest we'll see. I know I will cry my eyes out once she is leaving but I am proud and happy, because I always was and still am a big fan of travelling and being n different places. Whenever I am home for too long, I have ants in my pants and need to book a flight :-) if possible. Now Lilly, last week, was standing at our kitchenwindow staring into the windows of the house opposite our court and she says: "Guess I am gonna try and get myself an apartment right over there" (she is still 6 so I knew she didnt mean like NOW). Me: " When?" She: "When I am like 20 or so. Dont worry, I stay with you a while longer." Me: "Great. I am relieved. Why do you wanna move over there?" She: "Because I don't wanna leave you." Me: "Thats so nice. Great!" She: "The question is only: will I take Bruno (the now 9 year old cat) with me or leave him here?" Me: "You know, cats do not like to move." She: "Well, I guess I'll take him with me then:"

14.1.2013

Lilly: „The russian teacher told us a story last week, where a girl froze to death, because she hated the father of the cold and drove him away, for good, I mean she dared driving him away. As if she could, you know.“
Me: “Fairytales are often pretty brutal.”
Lilly: “No, this was not brutal. She deserved it to die.”
Me: “Oh, I see.”
Lilly: “Her mother was bad too. The girl had a stepsister and I mean, she did everything everything right, the stepsister, all the time, but the mother still was never, never satisfied with her. So she asked the stepfather (and you know, in fairytales fathers are always the good ones, more sensitive right!) to take her out and kill her in the woods. But he was soooo sad. He cried. He couldn’t do it.”
Me: “Sort of like in Snowwhite.”
Lilly: “No, not at all.”
Me: “Cruel.”
Lilly: “No, it wasn’t.”

16.1.2013

Light family small talk conversation during supper (actually a discourse about logic, still during supper):

Lilly: "When is your birthday, Mommy?"
Me: "Saturday."
Lilly: "Is that the day after tomorrow?"
Holly: "No its the day after the day after tomorrow."
Lilly: "No."
Me: "Yes."
Lilly: "No its friday."
Me: "No, friday is the day after tomorrow."
Lilly: "Thats what I said." (on the verge of crying)
Holly: "No, friday is not Mommys birthday."
Me: "No its saturday."
Lilly: "Yeah, the day after tomorrow."
Holly: "No, saturday is the day after the day after tomorrow."
Lilly: "No!"
Me: "You clear the table, I have to stick my head in a bucket of cold water. Its steaming."


20.4.2013

Me: "What is your favourite animal?"
Lilly: "Wolves, desert wolves, foxes, dogs, cats, tigers, leopards, lions, panthers, hunting leopards, actually every soft animal is my favourite animal. I love them all."
Me: "With soft animals you mean like: animlas with fur?"
Lilly nods.
I look a bit sceptical: "What about rats?"
Lilly: "I love them. Actually I love all animals, even crocodiles."
Me: "Wow! What about spiders and wasps?"
Lilly: "I love them too. I love every single animal in the whole wide world."
Me: "Lice?"
Lilly: "Yep, love them."
Me: "I am really impressed."
Lilly: "Yeah, you can be. I am just a pet loving person."
Me: "Obviously."
Lilly nods and is, I can tell, more then happy with herself. Which she should be. 


29.4.2013

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago that I am living with the most pet-loving person in the universe (Lilly, 7). She even loves the lice on her head and also crocodiles, spiders and rats. But then we came into our garden saturday to find that mice had spent the winter in our house there, eaten our cereal (o.k. o.k., we were so stupid to leave it there) and also parts of our bedding. They had left tons of their poop in it too! They also had left tons of their poop in the kitchen which isnt as disgusting as it sounds. Little animals make little poops.
Lilly was furious: "Mama, if you find them, kill them!" (I didnt mention that I am the first person to run and hide when I see a mouse)
Me: "Weren't you like the most pet-loving person I met so far?"
Lilly: "Yes. I am!"
Me: "So?"
Lilly: "Kill them!"


28.5.2013

I love Lilly! After she was allowed to watch "Mary Poppins" for the zillionth time she came into my room: "Oh Mary Poppins is soooo wonderful. I wished she were my mother or my sister."
Me, somewhat well, stirred, asked her: "What, you want Mary Poppins as your mother? What about me?" (I might even have said: am I not good enough anymore or what? but I am not sure).
She: "Well, think about it. That would be cool. And you could be an aunt. Not a grandma, never. Definitely an aunt."
I think the "not a grandma, never"-part was meant to comfort me.


05.07.2013
I was doing my yoga thing last night when Lilly decided she also wanted to do Yoga. So she put a blanket on the floor and copied my postures. (Sidenote: I am pracitising the crow for 5 months now and am slowly slowly getting there, she just did it and kept the posture for f*****g ever) After 5 postures though she threw herself to the floor with a gigantic sigh: "I hate yoga. Its BORING. I love Aikido. You can fight people. You can do stuff with it! This yoga thing is good for nothing." Me: " Well I am happy for you that the summer break is over in about 4 1/2 weeks and you can go back to your Aikido class." "Yes and finally see my super funny friend Armin Staudt again. I miss him."

31.08.2013
Lilly und ich backen Pflaumenkuchen - also Lilly backt, ich darf nur daneben sitzen und zugucken.
Lilly schaltet den elektrischen Mixer kurz aus: " Also, ich hab doch nur 3-4 Mal zugeguckt und kann es schon, total alleine." Sichtlich zurfrieden mit sich schaltet sie den elektrischen Mixer wieder an.
Ich: "Ja, ich bin beeindruckt." 
Sie schaltet den Mixer wieder aus: "Was?"
Sie schaltet den Mixer wieder an.
Ich: "Ja, ich bin beeindruckt." 
Sie schaltet den Mixer wieder aus. "Was?"
Sie schaltet den Mixer wieder an.
Ich: "ICH BIN ECHT BEEINDRUCKT! ICH FINDE, DU BIST EIN NATURTALENT."
Sie schaltet den Mixer wieder aus: "Ja, das finde ich auch. Aber kannst Du jetzt mal aufhören zu quatschen, ich versteh durch den Mixer eh nix."
Sie schaltet den Mixer wieder an. 

Ich fühle mich irgendwie überflüssig.

23.11.2013
Gestern abend kam Lillys große Schwester von einem Abschied zurück. Sie hat einen Kurs beendet, der ihr sehr viel bedeutet hat, aber sie möchte zu neuen Ufern und daher war der Abschied unvermeidlich. Dennoch saß sie traurig am Abendbrottisch und meinte: "Abschiede sind schrecklich."
Der Vater: "Schmerz gehört zum Abschied."
Die große Schwester: "Ach toll, danke, DAS hat mir jetzt wirklich weiter geholfen."
Tränen sammeln sich in ihren Augen.
Lilly: "Ja, Abschiede sind schrecklich, vor allem, wenn die Väter in den Krieg ziehen."
Die große Schwester: "Lilly, Du bist großartig! Danke!" und lag lachend am Boden. Die Mutter und der Vater ebenfalls.
Lilly: "Wenn ihr über mich lacht, kann ich auch woanders essen."


5.3.2014
Lilly kommt mit todernster Miene in die Küche: "Mama, schlechte Nachricht!" Mir sinkt das Herz in die Hose. Katze verletzt? Mein Laptop versehentlich beim Spiel zerstört? Scheibe zerschlagen? Aber nein, es ist viel schlimmer! "Das Kopfteil vom Playmoindianer ist weg. Und EIN HÄUPTLING BRAUCHT EIN KOPFTEIL!"
Klar! Mein Herz sinkt noch weiter in die Hose, weil ich ahne, nein, eigentlich weiß, dass ich die nächste Stunde meines Lebens wieder einmal damit zubringen werde, auf allen vieren durch die Wohnung zu kriechen, jede Ecke durchzuscannen und gleichzeitig mit Engelszungen auf eine siebenjährige einrede, deren Leben im Grunde jeden Sinn verloren hat und die nie wieder wird spielen können, weil das Kopfteil vom Playmoindianerhäuptling das Zentrum aller ihrer Spiele und ihres Lebens, warum untertreiben: des Lebens im allgemeinen und schlechthin, ist.

7.3.2014
Teil 2 verlorene Playmofigurenteile!
"Mama, schlechte Nachricht!" Mir schwirrt der Kopf, weil ich gerade sehr ausgiebig gestaubsaugt habe, unter anderem unter Lillys Schreibtisch. "Der Babybiber mit dem beweglichen Schwanz ist weg." "Wo hast Du ihn denn zuletzt gesehen?" "Unter meinem Schreibtisch." Mir wird schwarz vor Augen. 1. Impuls: ich gebe vor, noch nie einen Babybiber in unserem Haus gesehen zu haben 2. Impuls: ich entferne den Beutel aus dem Staubsauger, schleiche damit unauffällig in den Hinterhof und gehe gezielt dem lauten KLONG nach, das irgendwann ertönte, während ich unter Lillys Schreibtisch staubsaugte. Ich entscheide mich für Impuls 2, schleiche in den Hinterhof, wühle im Beutel, bekomme sehr, ich buchstabiere S E H R staubige Hände und auch Unterarme, finde eine Reihe ich buchstabiere EINE REIHE von harten Gegenständen, unter anderem einen Playmobabybiber mit beweglichem Schwanz. Ich schleiche zurück in die Wohnung, platziere den Babybiber neben dem Sofa, wasche mich gründlich und erwähne, wie zufällig: "Lilly, meinst Du mit Babybiber das Tier beim Sofa?" Gott, wir sind so ne voll glückliche Familie. Es gibt wirklich selten Streit!!

18.2.2015
7.18 Uhr, Gespräch mit Lilly (8)
Sie: Ach, Du schreibst?
Ich: ja klar
Sie: was denn so?
Ich: Alles mögliche, Gedichte, Geschichten, einen Roman. Vielleicht kauft es auch irgendwann jemand und ich werde eine reiche und berühmte Schriftstellerin. Das wäre mein Traum.
Sie: Das war mir gar nicht klar, ich dachte, Du krakelst immer nur in deinem Tagebuch herum.
Ich: Nein nein.
Sie : Naja, wenn Du was verkaufen willst, musst du vielleicht einfach mal so schreiben, dass andere es auch lesen können. Ich könnte Dir dabei helfen.
Ich: Das wäre nett.
Sie: Allerdings kann ich heute gar nicht. Da muss ich meinem Aikidolehrer mit den anderen Kindern helfen.
Ich: Ist klar!

Kommentare

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

100 bemerkenswerte Bücher - Die New York Times Liste 2013

Die Zeit der Buchlisten ist wieder angebrochen und ich bin wirklich froh darüber, weil, wenn ich die mittlerweile 45 Bücher gelesen habe, die sich um mein Bett herum und in meinem Flur stapeln, Hallo?, dann weiß ich echt nicht, was ich als nächstes lesen soll. Also ist es gut, sich zu informieren und vorzubereiten. Außerdem sind die Bücher nicht die gleichen Bücher, die ich im letzten Jahr hier  erwähnt hatte. Manche sind die gleichen, aber zehn davon habe ich gelesen, ich habe auch andere gelesen (da fällt mir ein, dass ich in den nächsten Tagen, wenn ich dazu komme, ja mal eine Liste der Bücher erstellen könnte, die ich 2013 gelesen habe, man kann ja mal angeben, das tun andere auch, manche richtig oft, ständig, so dass es unangenehm wird und wenn es bei mir irgendwann so ist, möchte ich nicht, dass Ihr es mir sagt, o.k.?),  und natürlich sind neue hinzugekommen. Ich habe Freunde, die mir Bücher unaufgefordert schicken, schenken oder leihen. Ich habe Freunde, die mir Bücher aufgeford

Und keiner spricht darüber von Patricia Lockwood

"There is still a real life to be lived, there are still real things to be done." No one is ever talking about this von Patricia Lockwood wird unter dem Namen:  Und keiner spricht darüber, übersetzt von Anne-Kristin Mittag , die auch die Übersetzerin von Ocean Vuong ist, am 8. März 2022 bei btb erscheinen. Gestern tauchte es in meiner Liste der Favoriten 2021 auf, aber ich möchte mehr darüber sagen. Denn es ist für mich das beste Buch, das ich im vergangenen Jahr gelesen habe und es ist mir nur durch Zufall in die Finger gefallen, als ich im Ebert und Weber Buchladen  meines Vertrauens nach Büchern suchte, die ich meiner Tochter schenken könnte. Das Cover sprach mich an. Die Buchhändlerin empfahl es. So simpel ist es manchmal. Dann natürlich dieser Satz, gleich auf der ersten Seite:  "Why did the portal feel so private, when you only entered it when you needed to be everywhere?" Dieser Widerspruch, dass die Leute sich nackig machen im Netz, das im Buch immer &q

Writing at the Fundacion Valparaiso in Mojacar, Spain

„…and you too have come into the world to do this, to go easy, to be filled with light, and to shine.“ Mary Oliver I am home from my first writing residency with other artists. In Herekeke , three years ago, I was alone with Miss Lilly and my endlessly talkative mind. There were also the mesa, the sunsets, the New Mexico sky, the silence and wonderful Peggy Chan, who came by once a day. She offers this perfect place for artists, and I will be forever grateful to her. The conversations we had, resonate until today within me. It was the most fantastic time, I was given there, and the more my time in Spain approached, I pondered second thoughts: Should I go? Could I have a time like in Herekeke somewhere else, with other people? It seemed unlikely. When I left the airport in Almeria with my rental car, I was stunned to find, that the andalusian landscape is so much like New Mexico. Even better, because, it has an ocean too. I drove to Mojacar and to the FundacionValparaiso